The Communicator: A Transparent Medical Mask
Spread the word about SafeNClear Communicator Surgical Masks.
Use this Promo Coupon Code when you order: COHands at checkout on the SafeNClear website.
The Communicator Surgical Mask:
- Is the first and only FDA-approved see-through surgical mask
- Was created by a Deaf woman who saw a need to improve visual access (See more here)
- Increase comfort and sense of safety with access to facial expressions
- Useful in any medical, dental, outpatient, community or hospital setting
- Can be used by anyone who might need to wear a mask
- May reduce miscommunication and medical errors
Each dispenser box contains 40 single-use masks, with elastic earloops and an adjustable nosepiece design.
These are made in the USA without latex.
As a professional sign language interpreter working in medical settings, there are many occasions that require me to wear a mask when interpreting for patients. When all of the medical professionals in the room are wearing masks, it can become a scary and anxiety-inducing situation for any patient, especially Deaf/Hard of Hearing patients who often rely on lip-reading and facial cues to meet their communication access needs. Not only does “The Communicator” mask allow you to share a supportive and comforting smile, but it also provides the ability to remove the barrier of vital mouth movements critical for a clear understanding of the message by the Deaf/Hard of Hearing patient. For years, I have been wishing I had this kind of mask available, and am incredibly grateful to be able to utilize them in my future medical interpreting work.